Shadow Nexus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh.

Nexus
    Nexus
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Experience : 22965

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Empty [5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh.

Post by Nexus Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:41 pm

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Animated-Border-RainbowCellLine

No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh.

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Animated-Border-RainbowCellLine

This is just a No Preview OU that I built a while back. It was originally supposed to be an OU team, but since it sucked ass in it, I decided to try it out in No Preview OU one day. My first battle was a high variant and I won a lot of points from it. From then on, it dominated the NP OU ladder a lot, my peak being 1496 [haxxed out of the battle that would've catapulted me to 1500].
    Without furder ado, I give to you, No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh.

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Divider_46
    At A Glance:
    [5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 248[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 385[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 591[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 485[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 232[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 479-wash

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Divider_57

TeamBuilding Process:

COMING SOON

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Divider_57

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Divider_55

In-Depth Analysis:

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Divider_55

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 248
    DAT POWA! (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Like already mentioned, I needed TTar for the sand since I didn't want to use Hippo. And I loved using BandTTar before because it was just a powerhouse so I decided to use it again. I am not disappointed in the least at this decision because it has helped me win so many battle. The obvious Stone Edge/Crunch dual STAB assault, Superpower for the Ferrothorns, and Pursuit for the fleeing psychics and ghosts. The only things that really wall this are Skarmory and Gliscor, even Forretress is 2HKO'd by Stone Edge [since most people don't run max def Forre anymore Sad ].

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 385
    StillNoHax (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Ice Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Zen Headbutt

At this point, you probably think I'll be spamming Choice items on this team. Well, wrong! 'Rachi and 'Tar are the only choiced 'mons on the team. And I love what ScarfRachi has done for this team. This thing is really cool because some people still don't see it coming and leave in their Gengars only to get raped. Not to mention, +1 DNite is taken down by Ice Punch after SR iirc so it is really helpful. U-Turn is to scout, Ice Punch is for the dragons, Gliscor, and Landy, Iron Head is obv for the STAB and the flinch hax, and Zen Headbutt is the secondary stab that lets me hit shit that resists everything else or that psychic hits super effectively [Rotom-W, Breloom, etc.].

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 591
    Trippin'Bro (Amoonguss) (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain
    - Spore
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Clear Smog

This guy was added because I wanted to do the awesome FWG[FireWaterGrass] core with Amoon, Heatran, and Rotom-W. It is a damn good core that has just ruined the fuck out of other teams. Amoonguss has been great ever since having Regenerator released. It combined with Spore, it's great dual typing, and it's nice HP and defenses, makes this thing a pain in the ass to take down. I don't run the double powder strategy simply because HP Fire and Clear Smog are too invaluable to scrap. This moveset pretty much explains itself but I will explain it. Giga Drain is obvs for the grass STAB and recovery, Spore is 100% sleep and should be added to any Amoonguss set, HP Fire WAS mainly for Genesect and Scizor, but now that Sect was banned, it is for anything that is 4x weak to fire [an over abundance of those in OU], and Clear Smog is for that dual stab and stat clearing shit which is awesome [especially since this thing walls SD Breloom hard >Smile].

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 485
    Horny (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 204 HP / 8 Def / 40 SAtk / 172 SDef / 84 Spd
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Earth Power
    - Toxic

The "F" of the FWG core, Heatran! This guy has great defenses, great SpAtk, mediocre and unused Attack, and decent [bad for the most part] speed. This Pokemon right here was the iron curtain that never let Genesect or Volcarona sweep my team. As neither of those can usually touch Heatran, it can either Roar[Volcarona] or Lava Plume[Genesect] their asses to oblivion. I made it more of a defensive Tran since I have Donphan for the physical bulk and Tran has decent physical bulk without much investment. The EV spread might scare some, but it ensures that Tran has 210 speed, 374 HP, 310 SDef, and something like 316 SpAtk, I can't remember. Air Balloon is to obviously switch into other Heatrans that only pack EP and a fire move or to switch into an EQ safely. This sometimes also helps against Gliscors who only have EQ[the toxic stalling faggot Gliscors]. Moves are obvious: Lava Plume for Fire STAB and 30% burn chance [Scald hello!], Roar is to phaze out shit that has set up but can't touch 'Tran [cya Volca], Earth Power is for other Heatran's mostly, and anything else that is super effectively hit by it that crosses Tranny's path, and Toxic is just for that trollish "toxic stall" even though I lack Protect.

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 232
    YouSpinMe (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 212 HP / 108 Atk / 188 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock

This guy is such an asset to any team I add him too. He's a great spinner, and not to mention a fucking TANK. This guy can take most physical hits like they're nothing and fire back with strong attacks because of its really nice physical attack. Enough adoring Donphan for now, let's get down to business. EVs ensure that Phan has enough Def and HP to take shit nicely, and enough Atk for Ice Shard to actually pack a punch. Ice Shard is to revenge dragons and hit Gliscor and all that good shit, EQ is for that strong fucking STAB which hurts most things that switch into it that are hit, Rapid Spin is obv to spin away annoying hazards that could plague my team, and Stealth Rock is obv to set up my own rocks to wear down the foe. I really like this Poke just because of how useful it is :].

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 479-wash
    GtfoTorna-T (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 8 SAtk / 56 SDef / 112 Spd
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Pain Split

The "W" in the FWG core, Rotom-W. Much like Donphan, this is such a cool Poke because of its usefulness. It can burn physical sweepers, Hydro Pump the shit out of weak to water Pokes, it can steal some HP with Pain Split, and it can scout with Volt Switch. This thing does it all [not really]. EVs are weird but effective. I didn't have the speed like that before like a week ago, because I was having issues with outspeeding Gliscors because they'd Toxic stall the shit out of Rotom. I had to add the speed EVs and they have paid dividends. I wanted to make it a little more Specially Defensive since Will-o halves attack, so I made it a Calm nature. Will-o is obv to burn and cripple physical attackers or wear down walls, Volt Switch to scout or gtfo of a bad situation, Hydro Pump is for powerful water stab that annihilates Gliscor and Landy, and Pain Split is to regain some HP and cost the foe some HP [Haha Chansey].

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Divider_66

Closing Statement:

As you can see, this is a very effective team that has really good synergy. I really enjoyed the success it had in NP OU, since it was such a flop in OU. I hope you guys like the team too and maybe use it :OOO

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Divider_66

Final Look:
    [5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 248[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 385[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 591[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 485[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 232[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. 479-wash

Importable:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Nexus on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Paul123637
    Paul123637

Experience : 19328

[5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh. Empty Re: [5th Gen OU] No Preview Abuse? Nahhhhh.

Post by Paul123637 Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Interesting team! Congrats on the construction. As for me, I found working with an Amoongus with rage powder completely ruins the enemy offensive capabilities, and improves my team's core. Might help a bit. And donphan.... How would he do against Elektross and Rotom-W? Haha, overall, great work! Just some considerations to make that team even better!Smile