Shadow Nexus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination

Midknight
    Midknight

Experience : 22773

Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination Empty Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination

Post by Midknight Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Some people who have battled me before know that I can be simply vicious with Trick Room.Here are the two Pokemon that were always the stars of my team.

Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination 354

• Banette @ Focus Sash
    • Ability:Insomnia
    • Brave Nature (+Attack,-Speed)
    • IV's:0 HP/31 Attack/0 Defense/0 Special Defense
    • EV's:252 Attack
    • Trick Room
    • Destiny Bond
    • Shadow Claw
    • Will-O-Wisp

Literally nobody knows what Banette does,since it never shows its face in OU.First turn,use Trick Room.Since the opponent will be hard-pressed to kill Banette before it does some other freaky move,use Destiney Bond second,taking out the opponent's Pokemon.Shadow Claw is STAB for when (or if) you get Taunted,and does plenty of damage thanks to Banette's impressive Attack stat.Will-O-Wisp can cripple someone thinking they're smart and not attacking.If Trick Room and Destiney Bond are both pulled off,then the opponent's next 4 Pokemon are set up for a barrage of near biblical proportion.

Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination 105

• Marowak @ Thick Club
    • Ability:Rock Head
    • Brave Nature (+Attack,-Speed)
    • EV's:252 HP/252 Attack/4 Defense
    • Earthquake
    • Stone Edge
    • Thunder Punch/Double-Edge
    • Fire Punch/Double-Edge

Marowak here has the power to 2HKO or even OHKO damn near everything.It can take physical hits pretty well too.Earthquake is obligatory STAB move that rips holes through plenty of targets.Stone Edge has nice coverage with Earthquake,since it can clip the wings of the Flying-types expecting safe passage. The next two moves come down to preferrence.Even after Intimidate,Thunder Punch OHKO's Gyarados.Fire Punch OHKO's Scizor and Ferrothorn with the greatest of ease.Double-Edge can be used over either for added power,since recoil is negated by Rock Head.I personally have both punches,but,like I said,it's about preferrence.

Last edited by Midknight on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nexus
    Nexus
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Experience : 22960

Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination Empty Re: Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination

Post by Nexus Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Marowak has always been a powerful threat, its speed just kept it out of any of the big tiers. With Trick Room, his power can be used to full effect and not have to worry about being "outsped". I really like the 2 sets, Knight.
    quicksilver
    quicksilver

Experience : 22789

Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination Empty Re: Bannette + Marowak - Trick Room Domination

Post by quicksilver Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:06 am

This looks really nice Knight, I might have to try it. I never see these two pokemon.
    Nexus
    Nexus
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Nexus Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 am

Hence why they are both LU/NU?
    Paul123637
    Paul123637

Experience : 19323

Post by Paul123637 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Nice, dude! that Banette+Destiny Bond is a good strategy! As for the Marowak, I found that Conkeldurr works quite well for that niche too, with a nice priority move, Guts, and hard hitting STABs. And that reduces the risk of Banette's Destiny Bond being wrecked by Taunt Thunderus or Tornadus, as Conkeldurr carries Ice Punch, and it'll make them pay. Smile
    Nexus
    Nexus
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Nexus Thu May 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Indeed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:38 pm