Shadow Nexus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness

Nexus
    Nexus
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Experience : 22930

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness Empty [Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness

Post by Nexus Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:07 am

At a Glance
    [Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 367[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 381[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 212[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 462[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 130

Teambuilding Process

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed
    I needed a lead, so, I turned to good ol' Deoxys-S. Great lead for SmashPassing teams. It's monster speed lets it set up dual screens to aid the SmashPasser. His main purpose is to do just that, and of course, set up Stealth Rocks.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 367
    Next came the smashpasser himself, Huntail. I had to decide between the ever popular Gorebyss and Huntail. I chose Huntail just because. It runs the same way that Gorebyss runs. Best duo of SmashPassers in the game.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 367[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 381
    I needed a good special powerhouse to SmashPass to, and Latios was a great choice. With high speed and high special attack, it can sweep. It's unique typing of Dragon and Psychic gave it great synergy to the team and it can take any grass/electric move that threatens Huntail.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 367[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 381[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 212
    Next came physical powerhouse #1: Scizor. I chose Scizor to be on the team because if it has +2 in attack and speed, it is highly dangerous. It's access to priorty moves with Technician makes it even more dangerous. It also aids Latios against a dark, ghost, or fellow bug type and can make a great revenge killer.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 367[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 381[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 212[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 462
    Many of you are probably thinking "Why Magnezone?". I will tell you why. Phasers like Skarmory threaten SmashPass teams. Well, guess what, Magnezone's amazing Magnet Pull ability keeps those guys from switching out and you can lay an easy KO to Skarmory if rocks are up.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 367[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 381[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 212[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 462[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 130
    Last, but not least, came physical powerhouse # 2: Gyarados. Any Pokemon with Moxie is very threatening on a SmashPass team. Gyarados isn't always the best choice because of it's shared weaknesses with Huntail, but if you can get a lucky Baton Pass to Gyara, he will sweep. He has a dangerous movepool that lets him take out damn near anything that isn't named Skarmory and Ferrothorn.

In-Depth Analysis

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 386-speed
    Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Typical Deoxys-S set for SmashPassing teams. Dual screens to add bulk to Huntail, Taunt to prevent opposing teams from setting up rocks, and Stealth Rock to break Sturdy and Focus Sashes.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 367
    Huntail (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 SDef / 232 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Shell Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Baton Pass
    - Ice Beam

Pretty typical Huntail set, too. Ice Beam and Waterfall for the mixed assault. Shell Smash and Baton Pass, of course, to SmashPass. With the EV spread he has, combined with dual screens, he is bulky enough to live a hit to ShellSmash. White Herb to restore the defense drops, of course.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 381
    Latios (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Energy Ball

As a SmashPass receiver, this is the Latios set that I chose to make and use. Life Orb to pack a stronger punch to the moves. The moves: Dragon Pulse for the powerful STAB attack to assault dragons, Psyshock to assault Chans/Bliss/Fighting/Ghost types. Surf to handle Gliscors and fire types, and Energy Ball for those pesky Quagsires which have a great time disrupting SmashPassing teams with Unaware. I do understand that this Latios is completely vulnerable to Ferrothorn, which is why I may replace Energy Ball with HP Fire in the forseeable future.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 212
    Scizor (M) @ Muscle Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch
    - Brick Break
    - Pursuit

This Scizor set is cool, in my opinion. It has all of the tools to sweep. Bug Bite and Bullet Punch for that STAB Technician assault. Brick Break for steel types that like to oppose Scizor, and Pursuit to trap ghosts and psychics on the run. After a Shell Smash boost, this Scizor is nearly unstoppable. Muscle Band to increase the power of his moves (Life Orb would make it die too fast).

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 462
    Magnezone @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

My first time ever using a Magnezone in all my time in competitive battling. This Pokemon was put on the team to trap phasers, and that is exactly what it does. Charge Beam and Thunderbolt is a dangerous combination especially when Charge Beam raises SpAtk. HP Fire is for Ferro, Scizor, Forretress, and friends. It's kinda hard to explain this set :/. Air Balloon for the ground resistance.

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness 130
    Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Frustration
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

This Gyarados is damn near unstoppable. If a Shell Smash boost is passed to it, anything that isn't named Skarmory and Ferro (as mentioned before) will be destroyed. Waterfall for the powerful STAB that wrecks anything that doesn't resist it. Frustration to handle Rotom-W and anything that resists the other 3 moves, EQ for steel types and electric types, and Ice Fang for dragons, flyers, and such. What a monster!

Final Look

Importable:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Nexus on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Midknight
    Midknight

Experience : 22743

[Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness Empty Re: [Wifi OU]SmashPassing Madness

Post by Midknight Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:19 am

There isn't a kill quite like overkill,is there?The team looks pretty good.but,since I'm not too familiar with Baton Pass,I can't really offer much in the way of changes or advice.
    Sweetie Luv
    Sweetie Luv

Experience : 22742

Post by Sweetie Luv Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:01 am

eew, baton pass!!!!!
    Meh, despite that, it looks like a fun team to stea, I mean peruse. Could troll the ladder with a troll account on PO or something. :<
    quicksilver
    quicksilver

Experience : 22759

Post by quicksilver Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:26 pm

The team looks good, though I have never used smash pass. I i am gonna go make one. But I like how you changed it up and used Huntails.
    Nexus
    Nexus
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Experience : 22930

Post by Nexus Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 am

I don't really see much of a difference between Huntail and Gorebyss. Huntail is better for the mixed assault if you can't Baton Pass after a Smash.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am